In February 2008, before Leviton acquisition, HAI began shipping Omni II series controllers (Omni IIe, Omni Pro II, Lumina, and Lumina Pro) with “flash-able” firmware ROM chips. This allows the controller firmware to be flash-updated when new firmware feature sets are added to controllers. This also applies to the newer Omni LTe controllers.
To use this feature:
- Connect your PC Access computer to the internet, if necessary.
- Open PC Access. NOTE: Do not open a file at this time.
- Click on File and select “Check for New Version” – this will check for both software updates and Controller Firmware Files (CFF). NOTE: If using PC Access 3.0, click on Help and select "Check For Updates".
- Follow the prompts to update your software and download the latest CFF for all controllers.
- After update is complete, open your controller PC Access file.
- Click on Connect and select your connection type. NOTE: If using PC Access 3.0, click on Communications>>Connect, and select the connection type.
- Once Online, click on File and select “Update Firmware”. NOTE: If using PC Access 3.0, click on Communications and select "Update Firmware".
- Select the CFF for your controller type and click on Open.
- Verify you have the correct file and click on OK – the update process will take anywhere from 30-45 minutes. NOTE: If performing the update via a serial connection, your consoles and system will appear pretty much unresponsive during the update process, whereas updating through the Ethernet Port will allow normal access/control, but you may notice a system slowdown