Technical Advisory TA-4
January 22, 2007
Daylight Saving Time Change Starting March 2007
Starting in 2007, Daylight Saving Time (DST) has been extended by one month. Therefore, the start date of DST in the United States has been changed to the 2nd Sunday in March and the end date of DST has been changed to the 1st Sunday in November.
If the controller settings are not modified to accommodate the new days, controllers that automatically adjust the "time of day" each time DST begins and ends will adjust the time on the incorrect days.
Omni LT, Omni II, Omni IIe, OmniPro II, Lumina, Lumina Pro with controller firmware Version 2.13b and earlier are affected.
Note: Models shipped from the factory with controller firmware Version 2.14 or later installed are unaffected because they are defaulted with the new DST changes.
This change does not affect OmniLT controllers with firmware earlier than Version 2.0 and Model 1503, Omni, and OmniPro controllers. These models do not automatically adjust the "time of day" each time DST begins and ends, therefore they are unaffected.
What to do before you encounter the problem listed above:
Traditionally, each spring and fall, the controller's time is adjusted for DST automatically. In order to maintain the proper automatic adjustments under the new DST schedule, the following settings must be modified using either the PC Access software of the controller's console:
From PC Access:
- First upload Setup from the controller, this option is under the "File" menu (this ensures that no data will be lost during this procedure).
- Navigate to the Setup >> Misc menu.
- Click the "Daylight Savings Time" tab.
- Change DST Start Month to March.
- Change DST Start Weekend to Second Sunday.
- Change DST End Month to November.
- Change DST End Weekend to First Sunday.
- Download the new data to the controller, this option is found under the "File" menu.
From a Console:
- Press the 9 key, and then enter either your installer code or the master code.
- Press the 6 key
- Scroll down to DST Start Month, then press the 3 key and then the # key to change the month to March.
- Scroll down to DST Start Weekend then press the # key to open the sub menu. Scroll down in the sub menu and select Second Sunday, then press the # key to save the data.
- Scroll down to DST End Month then press 11 and then press the # key to change the month to November.
- Scroll down to DST End Weekend then press the # key to open the sub menu.Scroll up in the sub menu and select First Sunday, then press the # key to save the data.
Leviton has published this Technical Advisory to make our customers aware of a potential problem that may arise due to changes to the United States Daylight Saving Time schedule. Leviton makes every effort to alert our customers of pending issues and offers straightforward resolutions.