This document will provide step-by-step detail to applying HLC to a Leviton Automation System.
- This application applies to the Omni LT, Omni LTe, Omni II, Omni IIe, Omni Pro II, Lumina, and Lumina Pro controllers, with firmware Version 2.9 or later. NOTE: This application is not compatible with the older Omni/Omni Pro series of controllers.
- HLC PIM (p/n – 36A00-1)
- Phase Coupler (p/n – 39A00-1) – Leviton recommends using a phase coupler or split phase repeater(s) in every application. Three phase repeaters should be used as appropriate - one per installation.
- HLC devices – dimmers, non-dimmers, Scene and House Status switches controllers.
- Console – you can use a standard push-button (33A00).
- PC Access Software 1105W (optional) – Although all setup requirements can be performed from a console, the use of PC Access can be used to quicken the overall setup process. .
- PIM-to-PC Converter (p/n - 36A05-1/2) – This is an optional component that would be used if the 10A17-1 were used to control the lighting.
- Install HLC devices (switches, room, and house controllers) in desired locations, according to their installation instructions.
- Plug HLC PIM into electrical outlet near the Leviton controller.
- Connect the supplied cable to PIM and desired serial port on the Leviton controller:
- Cable must be a six-conductor, straight-through model.
- If connection causes the RX (RCV on 10A17-1) LED to light up solid, the PIM is in “pulse” mode and must be manually converted to “message” mode by pressing the Program button 5 times (the LED on the PIM should begin to blink green), then pressing the Program button 10 times (the LED should begin to blink red), and then pressing the Program button 1 time (the LED should change to the green color). The RX LED should now be off on the controller.
All of the following steps can be performed from a console or PC Access:
- Go to Setup>>Installer>>Expansion, and set the desired “Serial Function” (on-board serial port) or “Module # “(if using the 10A17-1) to UPB.
- NOTE 1: You can not have more than 1 item selected as UPB.
- NOTE 2: By default, all controllers (except the LT), with firmware Version 2.11 or later, have Serial 3 Function set to UPB.
- Go to Setup>>Installer>>Control, and set the desired UPB Network “Address” and “Password”.
- Go to Setup>>Miscellaneous>>Control, and set the desired House Codes to “HAI Lighting”.
- NOTE: By default, all House Codes are set to “HAI Lighting” in controllers with firmware Version 2.11 and later.
- Go to Setup>>Names>>Units and name each HLC device as desired.
- NOTE 1: The first unit of each room must be named, regardless of whether or not a room controller will be physically installed/configured.
- NOTE 2: Switches and House Status Switches can not be configured as the first unit in a room. The first unit of each room is dedicated for Scene Switches only.
- NOTE 3: If an OmniTouch will be used to configure the HLC devices, temporarily name all House Status switches used. Once all devices have been configured, remove/delete the names assigned to house controllers.
- If using PC Access, perform a “Write to Controller”.
- Console Configuration:
- Place an HLC device into Setup mode:
a. Switch – Press rocker 5 times – the load should blink once and the LED on the switch should begin blinking.
b. Scene Switch – Simultaneously press and hold the On and Off buttons for 2 seconds – all LED’s on the room controller should begin blinking.
c. House Status Switch – Simultaneously press and hold the 1 and 8 buttons for 2 seconds – all 8 LED’s should begin blinking.
- On the console, press 6 (status), 1 (Control), scroll through the list of names until you find the desired device name, and press the “#” key twice.
a. NOTE: An alternative method, if you know the unit number, would be to press 6 (Status), 1 (Control), the Unit #, and then press the “#” key 3 times.
- The display should show the progress of the configuration and display COMPLETED when finished.
- Follow the above procedure for each device until complete.
- After all HLC devices have been configured, remember to delete the names of all House Controllers.
- OmniTouch Configuration (3.9 and 5.7 only):
- Place an HLC device into Setup mode.
- On the OmniTouch, press the Control icon – this will produce a display of all named units.
a. NOTE: Starting with firmware Version 2.12, only Scene Switches will be listed. If configuring switches, you must select the room controller, and then press the “GOTO” button to see a list of unit names for switches and house controllers.
- Select the desired device name from the list – this will produce a control page for the desired device.
- Press the “Config” button – the display should show the progress of the configuration and display COMPLETED when finished.
- Repeat the above procedures for each device until complete.
- After all HLC devices have been configured, remember to delete the names of all House Status Switches.
- PC Access Configuration (Version 220.127.116.110 or later):
- Establish a connection to the Leviton Security and Automation controller.
- From the Status tab, click on Units.
- Place an HLC device in Setup mode.
- In PC Access, “right-click” on the desired unit and select “Configure HLC Device”.
- Repeat the above procedure for each remaining device.
- After all HLC devices have been configured, remember to delete the names of all House Status Switches