Integrating a Vivotek Camera with an OmniTouch Touchscreen
Leviton has added Vivotek as a connectivity Partner, increasing the camera options available for use with OmniTouch touchscreens, apps, and software applications such as Automation Studio.
To set up the Vivotek camera, please perform the following:
- Plug the Vivotek camera into the network with a cat5 patch cable.
- Install the Setup Wizard software that comes with the Vivotek camera.
- Run the Setup Wizard – it will automatically scan and find the camera at this time.
- Choose the camera you want to configure.
- Along the left-hand side of the menu, click on the “down arrow”, if necessary, to reveal Manual Setup and click on the button.
- Choose Next.
- Select No if asked to set up PPPoE.
- You can obtain an IP address automatically via DHCP, but we recommends setting the IP address as static. To do so, uncheck “Get IP by the DHCP server automatically” and enter in the static IP address information that you would like for the camera to use.
- Click Next, leaving the remaining setup items default and click on Apply.
- Open an IE browser and enter the address you previously gave the camera which will take you to the cameras web interface. Set the following:
- Select “Configuration” (NOTE: If [Advanced mode] appears at the bottom of the Menu tree, select it).
- Select “Network”.
- Scroll down the page to the HTTP section and make sure that Authentication is set to basic. CRITICAL NOTE: DO NOT change any of the Access Names for Streams under the HTTP section.
- Click on Save
- Click on “Video” on the left side menu.
- Under “Video quality settings for stream 1” select JPEG, then set Frame size to 320x200, Maximum frame rate to 5fps, and Video Quality to Good.
- Click on Save and close the browser.
To add the Vivotek camera to PC Access for viewing on an OmniTouch 7 or mobile app, perform the following steps:
- Open PC Access, select Extended Setup, and then add and name your cameras.
- Set the Camera Type to MJPEG.
- Enter the Address/URL for the camera in the following format:
address>/video.mjpg (where <ip address> is the IP Address of the
- Set FPS to Five.
- Set Quality to Low.
- Set Resolution to 320x240.
- Write Extended Setup to the controller.
- Restart the OmniTouch 7.
To add the Vivotek camera to Automation studio for viewing on a 5.7e, perform the following steps:
- Open Automation Studio.
- Open the desired project.
- Right click IP Cameras in the Project Explorer and select Add Camera.
- Choose MJPEG and click on OK.
- Select the new camera in the Project Explorer and under Properties, set the following:
- General>>Name – name the camera as desired
- Network>>Network Address - enter http://<ip address>/video.mjpg (where <ip address> is the IP Address of the camera).
- Properties>>Camera Type - choose MJPEG.
- Properties>>FPS - choose Five
- Properties>>Quality - choose Low
- Properties>>Resolution - choose _320x240
- Save the project.
- Update the 5.7e touchscreen.