2N Telecommunications Helios-IP Integration
With the recent release of the Intercom feature available for the OmniTouchPro 5.7e, HAI has worked with Helios to provide a solution for those customers that desire an interface to a video intercom.
- Helios-IP Door Station
- 91A00-1 PoE Switch
- 1 or more 53A00-2 - 5.7e OmniTouchPro touchscreen (NOTE: USB firmware version 184.108.40.206 or higher required – available for free download from the HAI website)
- Automation Studio (version 220.127.116.11 or higher required)
- Plug Helios into a PoE switch within the network.
- Install the 2N Helios Toolkit software.
- After installation is complete, run the Helios IP Network Scanner. The Helios will appear in the list.
- Right click the entry and select Browse.
- Enter the User Name and Password of the Helios. Default user name is Admin. Default password is 2n
- Under Advanced Settings>Network, enter in (Figure 1):
- Static IP address
- Subnet Mask
- Default Gateway
- DNS entries of your network
- DHCP Client Enabled should be set to NO
Once it is on the network, you can begin programming the “phone book” buttons through the web interface of the door station.
- Click on Basic Settings and select Phone Book
- Under General Settings, set (Figure 2):
- Position enabled - Yes
- Position name - name the touchscreen as desired.
- Under Phone Numbers, set:
- Number 1 - enter sip:@”touchscreen ipaddress” (where ”touchscreen ipaddress” is the IP Address of the 5.7e)
- Setup a different phone number button for every touchscreen that you will associate with a button on the Helios.
- You may also setup an alternate touchscreen to contact if no one answers the first screen called. This may be accomplished under the “Substitute if inaccessible” pull down menu.
- Click on Advanced Settings and select Sip Settings.
- Under Other settings, set (Figure 3):
- Local SIP port - 5060 (default)
- Send keepalive packets – Yes
- Starting RTP port – 5000
- RTP Timeout - 10.
- Under SIP registration, set Register Helios IP to No.
- Under Advanced Settings, select Video Codecs.
- Under Preferred video codecs, set (Figure 4):
- Choice 1 – H.264
- Choice 2 – H.263+
- Under Video codec settings, set
- Video resolution - QVGA(320x240)
- Frame rate - 15fps
- Video bitrate - 512 kbps
- Video packet size – 1400
- Under Quality settings, set
- QoS DSCP for video – 0
- Under Advanced RTP settings, set
- H.264 payload type (1) – 124
- H.264 payload type (2) – 124
- H.263+ payload type – 97
- Polycom compatibility mode – off
- Under Advanced Settings, select Streaming.
- Under Video Codec settings, set (Figure 5):
- Video Codec – H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
- Video Resolution – QVGA (320x240)
- Frame rate – 15fps
- Video bit rate – 512kps
- Video packet size – 1400
- Under JPEG video settings, set
- Anonymous access – YES
- Activated by call – YES
- JPEG frame rate – 10fps
- JPEG quality – 95
- Under Advanced Settings, select Miscellaneous
- Under Incoming calls, set (Figure 6):
- Automatic pickup – YES
- Activation mode – Automatic
At this point, the Helios IP Door Station is ready to be added to your integration. CRITICAL NOTE: For the purpose of this application, it is assumed that you already have a project file created that has the intercom feature enabled – for details on enabling the Intercom feature on a new or existing project, refer to the instructions for adding the intercom feature available from the HAI website.
In automation Studio, take the following steps:
- Open the project file.
- Under Project Explorer, right-click on VOIP Devices, select Add Device, and choose VOIP Device.
- Highlight the device.
- Under Properties, perform the following:
- Name - provide a user-friendly name for the Helios door station
- NetworkAddress – enter in the IP address (ex 192.168.1.1).
- Under Project Explorer, right-click on Cameras, select Add Device, and select MJPEG.
- Highlight the camera.
- Under Properties, set the following:
- General>>Name - name the Helios camera.
- Network>>Network Address – enter the IP Address of the Helios
- Properties>>Camera Type - set JPEG
- Queries>>Query String – enter in /enu/camera320x240.jpg
- Click on the Intercom icon at the top menu, and associate the Helios camera with the Helios door station.
- Update the 5.7e touchscreens.