This application demonstrates how to send a snapshot photo via email, using an array of Leviton products. Special thanks go out to Harry Aller and the folks at Demilune / Audio Labs in Des Moines, IA, for their submission.
- Leviton Controller (Omni or Lumina Series)
- Leviton Camera Server (87A00-1)(Discontinued)
- Leviton 4 Relay Module (10A07-1)
- PC Access (optional)
- Connect the 4 Relay Module to the Leviton Controller.
- Connect the 4 Relay Module to the DI-1 input on the Camera Server.
- Setup the Camera Server to work with your existing outgoing email server:
- Fill in the required information to communicate with your SMTP server
- Click on Add
- NOTE: See Section 184.108.40.206 of the Camera Server manual for additional information.
- Setup the Camera Server to launch an event when the when the DI-1 input closes:
- Assign a name to the event.
- Change the Event Type to Hardware.
- Type “1xxxx” for the Hardware Mode.
- Click the Save button.
- Click on the event you just created and click Modify.
- Click Action and fill in the required information.
- Click Add.
- NOTE: See Section 5.4.3 of the Camera Server manual for additional information.
Omni Pro II Programming
PC Access 3 was used for the following, although a console could be used:
- Create a programming block similar to the following:
WHEN ZONE X NOT READY
THEN OUTPUT Y ON FOR 5 SECONDS
2. Write the programming into the Leviton Controller.